The mission of the Marvin and Rosalie Okun Foundation is to honor our founders by supporting programs that will have significant, long-term, and positive impact on the lives of those within the Kalamazoo community.
The Board of Directors of the Marvin and Rosalie Okun Foundation will review grant applications on a bi-annual basis (typically in the spring and fall). Consistent with the wishes of the founders, the foundation will be looking to support programs or projects that:
- Touch a significant number of people in the community
- Are focused on long-term change and results, not short-term relief
- Support those living within the Kalamazoo community
- Make life more positive for those less fortunate - financially or physically
AREAS OUR FOUNDERS HOLD DEAR
- Arts and Culture
- Health and Human Services
- Education - particularly Jewish religious education
Requests for capital campaign funding will come under additional scrutiny and are generally limited to no more than 15% of the total campaign goal.