The mission of the Marvin and Rosalie Okun Foundation is to honor our founders by supporting programs that will have a significant, long-term, and positive impact on the lives of those within the Kalamazoo community.
The Board of Directors of the Marvin and Rosalie Okun Foundation will review grant applications on a bi-annual basis (typically in the spring and fall). Consistent with the wishes of the founders, the foundation will be looking to support programs or projects that:
- Make life more positive for those less fortunate - financially or physically,
- Positively impact a significant number of people in the community,
- Are focused on long-term change and results, not short-term relief, and
- Support those living within the Kalamazoo, Michigan community.
AREAS OUR FOUNDERS HOLD DEAR
- Arts and Culture
- Health and Human Services
- Education - particularly Jewish religious education
Requests for capital campaign funding will come under additional scrutiny and are generally limited to no more than 15% of the campaign goal.
If you feel that your project/program is in line with our Mission and Grant-Making guidelines, we welcome you to complete a Grant Application for funding support. Your application will be reviewed initially by our Foundation administrators and will then be submitted to the Board for review, typically 3 weeks prior to the Board meeting.